I haven't blogged in a very long time. No excuses really! So, here is the first in a few that I have saved up.

When we moved to our home in East Vancouver, my first born was 8 months old. He immediately fell in love with our neighbour F and his daughter L. She was 4 at the time and loved carrying Owen around. She would sing, dance and put on puppet shows for him. By the time he could talk and walk, he would take off next door with her. They became inseparable on weekends. When she wasn't home, he wanted to be with his other best friend- her dad F. They would hang out, eat treats and play soccer. I never knew that people who aren't family could love my son so much. As a new mother, this was such a blessing. I knew that I could count on them for help when I really needed a break, and I did need them! I learned that it is OK to ASK for and RECEIVE help. I learned that Owen's love was a blessing for them. We all benefited!

So many friends have helped us over the years: H would come over one evening a week so that Dave and I could take tango lessons, my other neighbour A would babysit more often than I can count. The list of helpers goes on and on. Now I get to help others! My neighbour A has just had her second baby and I get to spend time with her daughter- such a pleasure! I can only hope to help my neighbour like how she helped me.

Do you ask for help? What would it take for you to allow yourself to reach out?

Comments

09/12/2016 3:15am

for more information about samsung galaxy s8

09/19/2016 1:40am

msqrd for mac

10/29/2016 8:57am

The little explanation of her little story is quite impressive and also the way in which she had shared her experience with all of us. Her blog title as it takes a villages really suites & matches the theme of the story.

Moving from one house to another is part of life for some. This isn't an easy thing financially and emotionally. But this matter can be turned into a positive thing if your future neighbors are nice and friendly. Just like this story. You were lucky enough to reside with good and happy people. You obviously had their attitude, and that makes you a positive person too! Moving from one house to another isn't always sad at all!

Moving starting with one house then onto the next is a piece of life for a few. This isn't a simple thing monetarily and inwardly. Be that as it may, this matter can be transformed into a positive thing if your future neighbors are pleasant and agreeable. Much the same as this story. You were sufficiently fortunate to live with great and upbeat individuals. You clearly had their state of mind, and that makes you a constructive individual as well! Moving starting with one house then onto the next isn't generally tragic by any means!

05/19/2017 2:25am

CBSE is the apex board of education in India which is not only having a pan India jurisdiction but also has global presence with nearly 141 affiliated schools across 21 countries.

06/28/2017 4:44am

Tutu app is an app store same as google play store but extends the limits more than google

07/11/2017 4:40am

This is a champion among the most illuminating and informational post. Truly, I'm looking this kind of material. Thankful to you such an incredible sum for sharing this post.

07/12/2017 12:30am

Gratefulness is a great thing: It makes what is brilliant in others have a place with us also. The underlying foundations of all decency lie in the dirt of thankfulness for goodness. As we offer our thanks, we should always remember that the most elevated gratefulness is not to absolute words, but rather to live by them. Thankfulness is the most noteworthy type of supplication, for it recognizes the nearness of good wherever you sparkle the light of your appreciative contemplations. your post such a great post, awesome to investigate it. keep it up. much obliged for sharing.